Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Movie & Book Review

M and I rented Because I Said So last night (with Diane Keaton and Mandy Moore). I had been wanting to see it since it came out in theaters. I must say I was really disappointed. I won't spoil anything, but it wasn't what I expected. There was a lot about sex and the mother drove me absolutely crazy! I guess I didn't really know what the story was from the trailers.

I recently finished reading Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks. I really like his books and have read most, if not all, of them now. I have always wondered why his books are a bit sappy and really sad...this book explains a bit about that. This book is about 3 weeks he spent with his brother (aren't I brilliant to have figured that out?). It was an interesting book, and I learned about some different places around the world.

I was going to ask for suggestions on good books to read. I just got a long list from a friend today. I am headed to the library tomorrow to see what I can find. We are going to Michigan this weekend for a family reunion. I figure this will be a good time not only for some r&r but also for some reading.

No comments: