Tuesday, September 22, 2009

17 weeks

Like I mentioned earlier, Pops was in town last weekend so we took some family photos when Matthew's aunt and uncle came down for a visit. We happened to have dressed all matchy-matchy completely unintentionally. Of course, we had to get some pictures of us being so coordinated! Below are my favorites.

  • Canaan is trying to figure out how to get toys, burp cloths, etc in her mouth. It is a little amusing to watch her, but she sure gets frustrated when she can't figure it out. She mostly is able to touch everything with her tongue, but she doesn't really get items into her mouth.


  • She does not like kiddos getting in her face. A friend of mine told me about this after watching Canaan. Her son had gotten close to Canaan. I observed this myself when a girl at a Sunday school dinner was trying to give Canaan toys. Canaan did not like having the girl or the toys right in her face. I don't blame her!


  • Canaan has become my little alarm. Matthew and I thought my alarm was waking her up each morning. It turns out that she has just been waking up between 5:15 and 5:30 most mornings recently. Her little noises are much better than that pesky alarm buzz. I have still been setting my alarm, but I haven't heard it go off since sometime last week.







  • 2 comments:

    The Moon Five said...

    I love, love, love the family pictures. My fovorite one is the first one! I also love the one of her grandpa looking down at her.

    Unknown said...

    I love the pictures too. Wow you look great. My favorites are the first and last ones.