Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Conversation about a puppy

I thought this conversation was funny and wanted to share it with you (obviously). In the following conversation, Ma is Matthew and Mi is Mindy.

Mi - "When I got to work this morning, I saw a posting someone had put up for free lab puppies that were found. They are cute!"

Ma - "Are the puppies there?"

Mi - "No. There are some pictures and a note posted in the break room that the puppies had been dumped by someone and found by someone else. They are free. Why is it that puppies are so darn cute?"

Ma - "Puppies are cute, and free is a good price...I'm tempted, but I fear vet bills and puppy shots, etc. And - what if it's a disaster? I think we have the best dog in the history of dogs - what if we get greedy and wind up with satan-dog?"

Mi - "I agree with you. It is tempting, but just think about all the potty training all over again. That was a mess! On the other hand, it could work out perfectly and Max would have a friend all the time. On the other hand, he could hate having another dog and not getting all the attention. It's probably best to stick with things the way they are, but puppies are fun."

Ma - "Yeah - I'm sure they will go fast, but if they don't we could take one. Do you know who it is who has the puppies?"

Mi - "I don't know who it is, but I do have the contact information. They say the puppies must go by Saturday."

Ma - "Just keep the info and call on Sunday. If they weren't able to give them all away, we can consider taking one."

For some reason I continued to crack up during this email exchange. You see that I am not the only one who is crazy about Max. We both seriously think he is the perfect dog. I'm so glad my first experience with a puppy has been so good. He is very well behaved and very affectionate. I wish you all could meet him.

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

He is a sweetheart and I can understand why you might be scared to get "satan-dog" after your angel! :) Puppies are precious and I love them all!

WAMM said...

Correction: Max is the _second_ best dog in the history of dogs. Bexar is the firstest bestest. ;-)