Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Days

After several gloomy days (due to weather, sadness, and bad attitude), I would like to report I am have had several happy days.

God is so good and has blessed me in so many ways. Early this year I happened upon this blog where Ann wrote about a thousand gifts and recognizing every day things to be thankful for. There are things all around us every day that are blessings from God. I often do not slow down or pay attention to recognize these blessings for what they are...blessings from the very hand of God.

Once I read her post, I started a journal where I record what I am thankful for. There are days when I will list 10 to 12 things. There are days and sometimes weeks that go by where I don't write anything at all. I have been very sporadic in pulling out my journal, but it is something I want to continue to work on.

This weekend was full of happy days. Friday I ran fun errands after work. I went to a new (new to me) scrapbook store and was so inspired and excited to get started on something crafty. I have been lacking that inspiration for quite a while. Saturday Matthew and I went to see Wall-E. Then I came home and got started on a scrapbook. I have really enjoyed looking through old pictures and putting them together in a way I have not done so before. I have felt creative. It has been refreshing. Sunday was a wonderful day of worship at church. Matthew and I both came home very thoughtful about the sermon. Our pastor has been at the church a year and has recently been sharing his vision for the church. We are both excited about what is coming.

Tuesday evening I had dinner with a girlfriend. I hope this relationship will develop into a treasured friendship. This is the first time I have done anything with a friend since I've been in Colorado. Isn't that sad? It has been very difficult and slow to make friends here...that is the understatement of 3 years (we've been here 3 years!!!). I was so excited about this dinner. I called Matthew beforehand squeeling because I was so excited. I believe the Lord really blessed our time together. We had some really meaningful conversation about what's going on in our lives. All I can say is that is was so wonderful...I am thankful for that 2 1/2 hours this week. I hope it will happen again. I have been treasuring that time all day today.

Sunday, Monday, happy days
Tuesday, Wednesday, happy days
Thursday, Friday, happy days
Saturday, what a day
rockin' all week with you

No comments: