Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week 25





Things are going well this week. I am feeling well and not feeling sore when I wake up in the morning anymore. I am very grateful for that.

Baby Girl has been most active when I go to bed at night. I’m not sure if she really is most active then or if I notice it more because I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep. Either way, I notice it most at night. Matthew has not been able to feel her move yet. It still feels almost like twitching when she moves. It is a hard feeling to describe. My sis-in-law described it to me like a fish is in there flopping around. That's actually pretty accurate. I haven’t been able to see her movement on my belly or feel it with my hand yet. I’m not sure if that will happen soon or not.

I have no idea why, but I cannot keep myself from touching or rubbing my belly a lot. There’s really no reason for me to do it (although my skin does itch at times due to the stretching), but I cannot keep my hands off. I think I just like to remind myself that Baby Girl is in there and how grateful I am for this time. I really want to enjoy it and notice every little thing. Weird!

Several years ago when we lived in Austin, we played this game (I think it was a newlywed game) with some friends from church. I can’t remember if it was a question that was asked or if we were just chit-chatting, but Matthew told this guy that if I could, I would wear trash bags. Basically, he was just commenting on how he thought I wore clothes that were too big for me. My mother used to also give me a hard time about not “showing off my figure.” I never really understood what Matthew was saying. However, I think I now get it a little bit because I have been able to wear my normal shirts up to this point. They cover everything but are a little short since I have so much belly to cover. But they work since I generally wear a cami under everything (and don’t want to spend money on clothes at the moment).

This is a snippet of an email I received from my sister-in-law (Matthew’s sister). Have I mentioned how helpful she has been to me during this pregnancy? I really appreciate her! I have removed names to protect the innocent.

It was too funny – [3 year old boy] was with me at BBSRUS when I was looking around. I picked up a dress and said, "Look at this [3 year old boy]. Isn't this cute?" He said, "It is cute, mommy, but it's too small for [15 month old girl]." Which in itself was a riot. Then I said, "This isn't for [15 month old girl], monkey, it's for Uncle Matt and Aunt Mindy's baby. Remember, I told you they are going to have a baby." He said, "Oh, it's for Jackson."

I know I told Matt, but [3 year old boy] has named your baby Jackson and asserts when asked that it is too a girl's name.

1 comment:

The Moon Five said...

Love the pictures! You are looking very prego and beautiful.:)