Saturday, June 30, 2012

back to daycare

Last Monday, Jude and Canaan started daycare.  About 3 weeks after I quit my job to stay home with the kids, Matthew was laid off as his company ran out of work for their civil group.  The day we found out, I asked my boss if they had replaced me yet.  It worked out for me to return to work while Matthew stayed home with Jude and Canaan.  Matthew started his job Friday, June 22nd.  So for at least a little while, the kids are in daycare.  I took these pictures when we got home Monday evening.  They both did GREAT!

We visited daycare before we started so we could meet the teachers and make sure I knew where I would be going.  Canaan wanted to stay that day rather than going home with me.  She was excited to go back and kept asking me Saturday and Sunday if she was going to daycare that day.  I think she's missed the structure and playing with so many kids.  She really enjoyed her week.

Jude's teachers said he did great as well.  He ate well, slept well, and smiled all day long.

Sunday evening and Monday morning I wasn't sure we'd survive the week.  But I am thankful to report that things went really well.



No comments: