I know I say/write this each month, but I cannot believe Canaan is 8 months. Time is flying by. She is so fun now that she can interact with us and recognize us. We are enjoying our time with her.
Grandma and I took her to JC Penney on Saturday to have her monthly pictures taken. They turned out really cute. It was hard to narrow down my favorites so there will be several pictures to this post.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
(playing with the Octotunes she received from the Bells for Christmas)
(getting stuck in the bottom of her exersaucer)
(Doesn't she look precious up on her knees like that?)
I'm finally caught up!
- Canaan started crawling on Tuesday, January 19th. She never did the army crawl or scooting around on her bottom. She just started crawling.
- She ate prunes this week. I think she had a better reaction to prunes than to bananas.
- Not one to settle for one success in a week, she also started pulling up on everything this week. She will even try to pull up on a toy that is sitting on the floor. I'm trying to convince her that she needs to pull up on something taller than she is.
- She has started blowing air out of her mouth.
- When she is standing and holding onto something or someone, she will take steps toward that object/person.
- Canaan is learning to fall well.
- Matthew moved her crib mattress to the lowest setting this weekend. It is the first time we have had to move it.
- She is crawling/pulling herself up into all kinds of predicaments.
- This new found freedom is causing Canaan to do a lot of whining. I have no idea what is going on with that.
- The hardwood floor causes some frustration as her legs do not always follow her hands as they should.
Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit and were surprised to see her crawling and pulling up. It is truly amazing how much she's learned in one week's time.
- This week Canaan tried bananas. They are super sweet. So far, I would guess this is her least favorite by the look on her face. She will still eat them though.
- She took her first bath in her tub without the infant sling.
- She started making what resembles a fish face.
- We had a follow-up visit with Canaan's gastroenterologist this week. We are supposed to use a less hypo-allergenic formula for supplementing and to continue to add solid foods every 5 to 6 days.
- She weighs 16 pounds 3 1/2 ounces. She has gained almost 10 pounds. She was 6 pounds 4 ounces when she was born.
- When sitting in your lap, Canaan will push with her legs to a standing position.
- When interested in something, she very purposefully touches it with her index finger and has almost a scowl on her face.
- Matthew took Max to the park on Tuesday. When Max would run back to Matthew with his ball or toy, Canaan would laugh. Last Saturday was her first stroller ride without her infant carrier. I'm sure she enjoys being able to sit up and see what's going on.
- Canaan almost always smiles when she sees Max come into a room.
- She is very interested in Max's paws.
A couple of these pictures were taken on a different camera, and I can't figure out how to rotate them. They are too cute not to post so I guess you'll have to turn your head.
- Canaan tried winter squash this week. So far all the baby food she has eaten has been Earth's Best organic. I had originally planned to make all her food but realized I just couldn't do it all working full time. So I gave up that dream and decided to buy her food.
- She is getting ready to crawl any day. She is up on her hands and knees a lot but isn't sure how to coordinate her hand and foot movement.
- She can stand for long periods of time.
- Canaan has started leaning back to look at the ceiling and anything above her.
- She will pull her bumper pad down so she can see over it out of her crib.
- She has eaten as much as 6 small jars of baby food plus cereal in a day.
- This Saturday we had our monthly Sunday school dinner at our house. Among a group of ladies, one of our friends mentioned she thought her son had a lot of rolls on his legs/around his bottom until she changed Canaan's diaper. Another lady then chimed in that Canaan had the cutest bottom and rolls she'd ever seen. That reminds me that when my SIL saw me changing Canaan's diaper over Christmas, she called to her husband that he needed to come see Canaan's rolls. We don't know any different, but apparently she has plenty of padding.
Some notes about Canaan at 32 weeks...
- It is really cute when Canaan is sleepy and rubs her eyes.
- She is not crawling just yet but can scoot around a little bit. She can get up on her knees and her hands but not very often at the same time.
- Canaan can now hold her bottle on her own. When she is eating and not holding a bottle, she generally has jazz hands covering her eyes (hands open, facing out).
- Sometimes she will reach out for whomever is picking her up.
- She tried pears this week.
- Canaan tends to move into the same corner of her bed each night no matter where she starts out.
- She is still wearing 6 month clothes.
- She is still wearing Pampers Swaddlers size 2 diapers.
- I just recently started using a second bottle of Burt's Bees shampoo/body wash.
- I am almost to the end of the first bottle of Dreft laundry detergent we purchased for Canaan's laundry.
- I am also still on the first tube of A&D Ointment we purchased for diaper cream. We also have a tube in the diaper bag.
- I think I can see tooth bumps on the front part of Canaan's lower gum. I expected to see the bumps on top of the gum so I'm not sure if it is teeth I see coming in.