Monday, December 8, 2008

So much time to think of questions

I would like to ask for your suggestions. I have already been given some advice (such as reading “Your Pregnancy Week by Week” - thanks Amy and Wendy and which maternity/pregnancy pillow is good – thanks again Amy). I have many questions beginning with the following. Some relate to pregnancy and some relate to baby.
  • When did you begin shopping for baby furniture?
  • Where did you shop for baby furniture? Did you do any shopping online?
  • Of all the things you registered for, what have you found to be a must-have?
  • What did you buy/receive that you haven’t had much use for?
  • When did you start decorating the nursery?
  • Where did you find your favorite maternity clothes?
  • I haven’t been sleeping well. I ordered a pillow that should arrive tomorrow. I have found that I am a tummy or a back sleeper. I cannot seem to get comfortable at all on my side. I hope the pillow will help with this. Do you have any other suggestions for this?
  • Do you have any tips/tricks for getting all the nutritious food in each day?
  • What kind of diaper bag have you found to be the best?
  • Is there something you wish you had done, had not done, or had done differently before the baby arrived?
  • Is there something I haven’t thought about yet??

I am sure some of this happened after you found out if you were having a boy or a girl (if you found that out). We plan to find that out at our 20 week appointment in January if the baby cooperates.

We are in a bit of a strange situation at the moment. Matthew was laid off during November. The job market here is not good as everyone is laying off professionals in his field. He has been applying for jobs all over the place, and we believe the likelihood of us moving is pretty good. I hope something will happen sooner rather than later, but that is something that is not up to us. At some point, I think we’ll decide that we have to start on the nursery even if we don’t know anything. But I’m not sure when that would be.

Thank you for helping me out! And I’m sure I’ll have more questions on several more posts over the next 5 or 6 months…or 18 years. And I’ll probably think of a few right after I click the post button.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear about Matthew's job. I hope he will find something very soon.