Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dear Santa,

My mom has been telling me about you and that I was going to meet you soon. She said you would be dressed in red, would have a beard, and were a jolly fellow. I didn't know what a beard was as I don't know anyone else who has one.

I'm sorry that I got upset when you looked at me. I don't know what came over me. I guess it was a lot of pressure to meet you with all those cameras on me.

I hope this won't ruin our friendship...and my chances of getting some good presents this year. I promise that I've been a good girl.

I'll try to be happier next time I see you and maybe even smile for a picture with you.

Canaan







Our rec center had a "Cookies with Santa" party on Saturday. We had no idea what to expect but thought it would be a great time to get Canaan's picture with Santa. I was glad to avoid the lines at the mall if possible.

It was awesome! We walked in where there was a table full of cookies and hot drinks as well. There was absolutely no line to see Santa. Santa and Mrs. Claus were so kind and looked great! And on top of everything else, our visit with Santa was free. Canaan looks a little suspicious of what's going on. She did great (other than not wanting to smile) until Santa turned her toward himself. She started crying at that point. Matthew didn't get a picture of it, but it was pretty funny.

No comments: