Thursday, November 29, 2007

Puppy Crisis

So I'm having a puppy crisis today. I am not sure what to do with Max over the Christmas holiday. We are going to my parents' house for 5 nights and part of 6 days. If we take him with us, he will have to stay outside or in the garage. It gets pretty cold there so it could be a cold 5 or 6 days or it could be nice weather. We won't know about the weather forecast for quite a while (and we all know how reliable those forecasts are). We don't want to put him in a kennel for that long for several reasons - 1) he's still just a puppy - only 3 months old, 2) we want to be with him - and 5 or 6 days is a long time to be away from a part of your family, 3) we know nothing about the kennels here and have no idea how he would be treated, 4) we want to spend Christmas with Max. I know this sounds strange to those without pets, I used to think the same thing. I thought people who missed their pets had issues. If that's the case, I now have issues. Max has already become a large part of our family, and we like spending time with him.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for what we could do? I am having a hard time thinking about anything else today.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

I like your idea of the heater in the garage. You know me, I would have to take him with us. I'm already dying, thinking of leaving Bex for 2 weeks at the kennel, but I know them and they love him. Since it is his vet, I know that if anything happens, he's in the right place!

I've got issues, too. :)