Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 23

These photos were taken later than my normal day because I was enduring a stomach bug over the weekend. I have no idea where I picked it up. I was fine at work on Friday. In fact, all day I kept wanting to come up with a good excuse to take the afternoon off because the weather was gorgeous. But I made myself stick it out so I could save that time off for something more necessary than just a free afternoon.

By the time I got home on Friday, I did not feel well. Friday evening, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday I spent either in bed or on the couch. The only comfortable thing for me to do was to lie down. My body got so sore from lying down all the time, but even sitting up just felt bad. I hardly ate anything all weekend and still have not eaten much. I am assured that baby girl is taking the nutrients she needs from me and that things for her are just fine. Today I am finally feeling better. This bug completely wiped me out. I was exhausted for several days. I got a lot of sleep, but it was just not as much as my body wanted.

I must say that when you have the rumbling in your tummy from the stomach bug, feeling baby girl move around is not the most pleasant feeling - although I am so thankful that I can feel her moving around.

I don't want to complain, but I am getting tired of sleeping on my side. I woke up this morning with aching hips and shoulder blades. Matthew says I don't have enough muscle. I know he's right about that, but that's not exactly an overnight fix. My recommendation to anyone wanting to have a baby in the future is to start getting in shape now. Don't do it solely for the pregnancy, but believe me, you will feel better if your body is in good shape. I've heard that would make labor easier as well.

Now on with the photos... The shirt I am wearing is not a maternity shirt and is a tad bit blousy. So much so, that I look bigger than I actually am. It is a quite comfortable shirt though and will hopefully fit me until the end of May. You can tell by my face (at least I can) that I don't feel well. Matthew took this on Monday when I came home from work after just 2 1/2 hours because I was so sleepy I couldn't get anything done.

1 comment:

Ana said...

You look so cute! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
You've met Abi, right? She's wacky! I just call her that to annoy her! Haha! What are sisters for?