Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 24 Appointment

Yesterday was our 24 week appointment with the doctor. These appointments are so quick it's been surprising to me. We got to hear Baby Girl's heart beat again which was 139 yesterday. The doctor said my weight, blood pressure, and uterus measurements were all good. Yesterday he checked my ankles for any swelling. This is the first time he has done that. I haven't had any issues with swelling up to this point. I am sure that is helped by the fact that I sit at a desk almost all day long.

I had to drink the glucose drink before my appointment so they could check for gestational diabetes. My appointment was at the end of the day so I hope my food choices yesterday did not have a negative impact on those results. No news is good news so hopefully I will not hear anything back.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks. After that, I will start going to the doctor more often. I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is going.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

It does seem like it's going by fast! I'm glad you and she are both doing OK.

Bellawhoop said...

I'm so glad you're doing well and can't wait to see Baby Girl!