Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Broken?

I think my toe may be broken.

Sunday night after we turned out the lights, I got up to turn off the light on our humidifier (If you don’t already know, we live in the driest part of the universe…what I like to call the booger capital of the world.) Anyway, on my way back to bed I kicked the suitcase sitting on the floor at the end of our bed. It hurt. I can’t tell you how many times in my life I have kicked the end of the bed or any number of things I was walking by. It always hurts but not like this hurt.

This is what my toe looked like the next day. It doesn’t hurt terribly during the day, but it is uncomfortable. It really hurt this morning when Max stepped on it. I don’t even want to remember that my 80+ pound dog stepped on my hurt toe. I told him that was not very nice.


M told me I should go to the doctor – that’s what I have medical insurance for. However, there is nothing the doc could do but tell me, “Yep, it’s broken.” Maybe it’s just really bruised. I’m not sure because I’ve never had a toe turn another color from kicking something. So I’m holding my ground on this one…unless it gets worse this week.

4 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

You poor thing...that looks terrible! At least your toenails are pretty and pink, though. :) I think you're right about the doctor not being able to do anything. I hope it heals quickly.

WAMM said...

I disagree with both MWIT and you. Matthew is right on this one. Go see the doctor. If there is a break and it heals improperly you'll regret it for many years. Go see a doc ASAP.

Susan said...

I wouldn't go to the doctor either. Not that I'm recommending that. I'm just really bad about going to the doctor. I'm still alive though!

Bethany said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! So sorry about your banged-up toe!!