Friday, May 29, 2009

Canaan Lily



Canaan Lily was born Saturday, May 23 at 10:28 pm. She weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces and was 19 inches long. She is perfect! Labor was nothing like I feared and went very quickly. Everything happened so fast that Matthew and I both feel like we didn't really get to take it all in at the time. And after several days of sleep deprivation, we feel like we've already forgotten some of the details. I hope that is not the case and once we are well-rested things will become a litle less fuzzy.



Unfortunate for Canaan, we have been to the hospital every day since her birth getting blood associated with her jaundice. I already had a teary breakdown when having to treat her for the jaundice on a UV bed. And hearing her scream while getting blood drawn is not so much fun either. However, I just got a call from the doctor's office that we won't have to do that tomorrow. I am so thankful!!
My parents are here and I have no idea what I would have done so far without my mom. She has taken care of us with meals and nap times as well as spending much of the night awake with Canaan while her days and nights are mixed up.
We have had an exhausting week (I think even Max is exhausted), but we are so in love with our little girl. The miracle of life is truly so amazing. With all the challenges of this week, we have still been amazed by the amount of love a heart can hold for someone so tiny. We are discovering new things about her each day and are so proud of her.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations!!!! She is just precious! Canaan is such a cute name...how did you come up with it?

The Moon Five said...

I am so happy for you! It is the most wonderful thing having a baby. I hope Max is doing ok with the new addition.

Bethany said...

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i get home from a vacation and you are now a complete blessed family!

so cool. gosh..she is so cute! we cant wait to be with you to hold your new blessing and my new grand niece!
a lovely name!

ill call in a few days...love you both, joe and lois

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So happy for you. You are gonna be a great mama. Get some sleep. She's beautiful. --Angie