Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Week 37



  • The guys in our Sunday school class have a neat tradition. For every expectant father, they generally play diaper football where they get together on a Saturday morning to play football, bring diapers, and pray for the father. Being the smart guy that Matthew is (and the fact that I have threatened him that I am the only one of us that is allowed a hospital visit this calendar year - just refer to any of my posts that are labeled "ER Visit" for further information), he suggested to the guys that rather than playing football they go out to breakfast together. They got together last Saturday and blessed us with hundreds of diapers. And more than the diapers, we really appreciate that they care enough to gather to celebrate the upcoming birth of our baby and to pray for all three of us. It is so touching to me that I am tearing up just typing this today (and I don't think it has anything to do with pregnancy hormones).
  • I had a dream this week that I had the baby but did not know/remember any of the details of the birth. I was asking Matthew and my mom all kinds of questions about what happened. Matthew told me he had named Baby Girl "Joey". I was so disappointed. There is nothing wrong with the name Joey, but it is not one we have even considered. So I told him after sharing my dream with him the next morning that there can be no naming the baby without my input. Hopefully, I will be aware of what's going on when the baby is born and I won't have to rely on others to tell me what happened.
  • I finally have my hospital bag packed and ready to be put in the car. It feels good to have that done. I hope I didn't forget anything although we'll be close enough to home that I am sure I can get someone to get what I need if I did forget something important.
  • I think we are pretty much ready at home for Baby Girl's debut. I have washed all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes, blankets, sheets, changing pad covers, burp cloths, towels, wash cloths, etc. I have things organized, but I'm not sure if they'll stay the way they currently are. There is just so much stuff for such a small space. I may find as I start using things that my current arrangement is just not practical.
  • Matthew and I went to the mall on Sunday to do a bit of shopping. While there, a woman asked me when my baby was due. I told her that I was just 3 weeks away from my due date. She was shocked. I keep getting this reaction from people. I have no idea why they think I'm not as big as I am. I have gained around 35 pounds at least! I'll have to check my records to find the exact amount, but it has been more than I hoped I would gain.
  • Seeing all the summer clothes in the stores and having a touch of warmer weather is making me want to be skinny for summer. During the winter, it doesn't bother me as much because I am completely covered up in long pants and sweaters/sweatshirts. I expect it to take a while to lose this baby weight. I am debating about whether to start attending Weight Watchers again. I am a lifetime member and would like to keep that status, but I believe I have to continue attending meetings to do so. The program definitely worked for me and helped me to lose about 35 pounds a couple of years ago so I know it can work again. I can't say I'm excited about paying for the program, but the accountability definitely helps me to stay on track. They ask you to come in when the baby is 6 weeks old so I have a little time to decide what I will do.
  • Tuesday evening several times I clearly felt either a foot or a knee on my right side. Matthew felt it a couple of times. It is the most distinct movement I have felt. I felt that same movement several times during the day yesterday. It is amazing and strange!
  • My doctor appointment yesterday went well. My blood pressure was 110 over 70. The baby's heart rate was 136 beats per minute. And the doctor said my body is progressing. Yesterday was the first time he checked. He thinks Baby Girl will be here by her due date and could really come at any point now. I haven't felt a single contraction yet - not even Braxton-Hicks contractions.

No comments: