Monday, May 18, 2009

Photo Shoot



Matthew's Aunt L is a fabulous photographer. She has a wonderful eye for artistic and beautiful pictures. I wish I had even a smidge of her photography talent. Matthew and I haven't had our picture taken professionally since our wedding. We were pretty disappointed with some of those pictures so I have always wanted to get our picture made again. I finally convinced Matthew last year to let me ask Aunt L to take our picture for our 5th anniversary - because it had been 5 years and because I had finally lost the weight I had gained since we got married. Around the time we had scheduled to get our picture taken, Matthew had his toe accident. He was in a boot and on crutches and really didn't feel like getting his picture taken. So we never got the pictures taken.

And ever since then I have still wanted to get our picture taken. Then I thought it would be really fun to get pre-baby pictures taken so we could look back and see what we looked like right before the baby made her appearance. I almost waited too late to ask her, but yesterday we went to Aunt L and Uncle J's house for the photo shoot. I am definitely not photogenic, but I really had a good time yesterday. I think it is much easier to "pose" for someone you are comfortable around. Aunt L sent the photos to me today. I am really pleased with them.

Thank you Aunt L!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Mindy -- You look so great! I am so excited for you...can't believe your baby is almost here! Seems like we were JUST praying for you to get pregnant. I was also happy to read that it sounds like you've found a really great church & Sunday School friends. Make sure to let us know when she arrives!!

Bellawhoop said...

These are adorable! I LOVE them. I'd like to save these to my computer and have them printed at Costco if it's okay with you and Aunt L. I'm sure you'll be glad you did this! So fun! Y'all are beautiful, as always.

The Moon Five said...

Great pictures Mindy! Your are a glowing mom-to-be. Make sure you let us know when baby girl comes. I am so excited for you!!!