Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God bless Grandparents

Canaan and I spent a week at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was wonderful! It was a refreshing little vacation for me and a week of getting lots of kisses and being held for Canaan. I wish I could tell you more, but you know what they say, "What happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma's."

Last Tuesday, Matthew took Canaan and me to meet my folks about halfway between our two houses. I forgot to take a picture of our car loaded with everything, but Matthew asked if I was coming back home because (in his words) I had packed everything but the kitchen sink. It was our first trip, and I had no idea what all I would need. It turns out the only thing I forgot to pack was burp cloths.

Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed feeding Canaan...and she enjoyed eating! She slept and ate well on our vacation. And there were plenty of smiles. She is a different baby now that she's feeling well. The first morning we were there, she slept until 5 am. She had slept at least 4 hours in the car on the way and then went to bed sometime before 10 pm. She hasn't done that since, but it was nice to get so much sleep our first night.


Matthew then joined us Sunday afternoon. Monday we got to go on a date to a movie and dinner. It was wonderful to get away for a bit and enjoy each other's company.


God bless Grandparents!

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

I'm so glad you got some rest and a date! :) Love the family photo and what a sweet smile she has. :)