Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hypoallergenic Diet

I am going to try the hypoallergenic diet. Canaan has responded very well to the hypoallergenic formula so the gastroenterologist thinks I can try the diet and try nursing her again. I have to be on the diet for 7 days before I try nursing. If she responds well to the nursing, then I can SLOWLY add foods back to my diet. I should be able to tell quickly if something is causing her allergic reaction.

This means I have to stay away from dairy, egg, soy, wheat, peanut, tree nut, AND shellfish.

Do you have any good recipes that avoid all these things? I feel that breakfast is going to be the hardest meal for me. Staying away from dairy at breakfast will be especially hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is oatmeal safe? it should be right? not sure if you like it but at least its filling. and you can add sugar or honey.

you can have corn tortillas and tortilla chips so think mexican food. black bean tacos or enchiladas. yum. Salsa should be ok.

Me and Luke eat almost no dairy so that ones not even hard to me anymore but the wheat I hear is trickier. Good luck.

--Angie