Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two Months

Canaan had her two month appointment on Thursday. She weighed 10 pounds 3 1/2 ounces, was 21 3/4 inches long, and her head measured 14 1/2 inches. She is growing by the day. She was not too happy about the two shots she received, but she didn't scream/cry for long. I thought we would have a quiet day at home because I've heard a lot of babies sleep all day after receiving their shots. That didn't happen at our house. I can't complain, she did sleep 7 hours that night.


  • Canaan is kicking and moving around a lot more these days. So much that she doesn't stay swaddled like she used to. I bought a "Swaddle Me" which is working nicely. It velcros and keeps her swaddled all night.


  • Friday night she again slept 7 hours and Saturday night slept 9 hours. I'm afraid to think this will be a regular occurrence, but it has been a pleasant surprise.


  • When we got back from Grandma and Grandpa's house, Canaan finally started sleeping in her own room. That has been nice as well. She has adjusted just fine to not being in our room and we have adjusted just fine as well.


  • I took her to Target to have her two month photos done on Friday. We had a similar experience to the first time we had her picture taken. I think I have figured out what I need to do next time. You can see the photos from June 23rd here and from July 24th here. You just have to type in my first and last name to see the pictures. Grandparents, aunts, and uncles will be getting pictures in the mail in a couple of weeks.




  • Canaan is a much happier girl now that we have figured out what was causing her tummy issues. I hope to go back to nursing her next weekend. We should find out pretty quickly if that is going to work for her.
    • This is what happens when I try to take a picture of Canaan sitting up in a chair. It looks like she doesn't have a chin.







      No comments: