Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Classic Migraines

Several years ago I was diagnosed with classic migraines. They are classic migraines because I see spots or "aura" before I get the migraine. According to the doctor who diagnosed me, I am "lucky" because I know the migraine is coming before my head actually starts hurting. This is helpful if you have medicine that will get rid of the headache before it starts, but it doesn't always work that way. I need to go to the doctor because I have run out of the medicine I had. My migraines are sporatic, and until Saturday, the last one I had was in June. I got one on Saturday mid-morning, Monday afternoon, and Tuesday morning. I have no idea what caused them. They are extremely painful and really take it out of me. After the actual headache is gone, my head is then sore for a day or two. My jaw also tingles when I eat. It is very weird. I sure hope I don't have anymore this week or for many months to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amy had those from time to time like that and her jaw would hurt too. She was told that the reason was because her mouth was crowded. So she had to get two teeth pulled and get brases put on.

Just an idea, you should look into it.

Bellawhoop said...

I'm sorry the migraine is raising its ugly head again. Those are no fun. It's funny how we have different kinds. I can't pinpoint any symptoms before hand that I experience before the big meanies hit, but it would be nice. My neck always feels pretty tight during them. Maybe I could watch for that. Also, the dentist told me that TMJ can cause migraines, but who knows why you're getting them...Hope you get a new dose of meds soon.