Sunday, December 9, 2007

Maxhead



We have now had Max for 6 weeks. He was 15 weeks old on Friday. I took him to the vet for the third time for puppy shots and his rabies shot, and we are now finished with those for a year. I also had him microchipped on Friday. It doesn't cost very much and any place that finds him should be able to locate us with the microchip if he somehow loses his collar. That was the only "shot" that made him whimper a bit. At 9 weeks he weighed 18 pounds. At 12 weeks he weighed 25 pounds. At 15 weeks he tipped the scales at 36 pounds. He is not fat or pudgy...he is just growing. We call him Maxhead as a term of endearment. Somehow we started adding the word "head" to the end of things either before or after we got married. M wondered today if Max thinks his name is Maxhead. He comes to both so I guess we're okay.



Some fun facts about Max...


  • He really enjoys running around in the snow...and eating the snow.
  • He has mostly learned to stay away from the Christmas tree.
  • He has learned to "sit", "lay down", "stay", and come when called.
  • He enjoys laying on his back...especially when his belly is being rubbed.
  • He also really enjoys walks. Well, actually he enjoys jogging rather than walking. That has been some good exercise for me.
  • He barks at his reflection.
  • He chases his tail all the time.
  • He is quite the acrobat - mostly while chasing his tail. He does all kinds of somersaults.
  • He is scared of the vacuum cleaner - even when it's not on. When he sees us pull out the vacuum, he runs the other direction and won't come back until we put it away.
We had more snow this weekend, and it has been really cold. We went out to shovel the driveway this afternoon because I wanted to. I roped M into doing it and because the driveway was so slick, he fell twice. Thankfully, he was not permanently damaged and we didn't have to make any trips to the ER. We also had our Sunday school Christmas party last night. We had a fun time fellowshipping with everyone. We ate dinner, sang Christmas carols, and exchanged ornaments. The roads were very slick, but we made it there and home safely.



I also watched two new to me holiday movies this weekend - "The Nativity Story" and "The Holiday". I think both movies came out last year around Christmas, but I had not seen either one yet. I thought they were both pretty good. As I am not a great historian or Bible scholar, I cannot tell you how accurate "The Nativity Story" was, but I know they got all the important things correct. I would recommend both if you are into holiday movies.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

How cute he is. I can't believe how fast he's growing! I love your list of fun facts about him. What a great way to chronicle him and the things he does that makes him "Maxhead". I can just hear you calling him that! :)