Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Black & White Bag

I have had this idea in my head for a while but either have not been motivated to get it done or have been too tired to get it done. I think a little bit of both.

I used the pattern for the bag I made here, but made some adjustments. I really like the material I used in the first bag, but the bag is really big and does not hold its shape at all. I hoped I could make something a little bit different.

  • I made the bag much smaller.
  • I added some stuff to give the bag more shape.
  • I added a pocket to the front (it's hard to see in the photos).
  • And I added ribbon to the top so I could tie the bag closed.
Since I am so new at sewing, I was thrilled that I was able to make the measurement changes and add the pocket and ribbon without someone else’s help. Generally, I am uncomfortable trying such things on my own. Yeah for me! (Yes, I get excited about the little things.)

I am really pleased with how this bag turned out. I can’t remember when I started it…maybe Friday night. And I finished it Sunday night in time to start carrying it this week. I haven’t worked on my quilt at all since I posted about it last. I want to work on it and complete it, but it is just so overwhelming. When my mom was here in October, she brought one of her sewing machines with her so I could play with it. I haven’t touched it yet. I need to get that sewing machine set up and use it to work on my quilt. I have no excuses. Maybe I’ll work on that this weekend.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love it! I would buy a bag like that!