Monday, September 15, 2008

Bag Lady

I am a serious bag junky...and have always been. When I was a little girl, I loved purses and wallets. I would ask my mother's friends if I could organize their purses if I was in the car with them. I was (and still am) weird like that.

While reading this blog recently, I found instructions for a reversible tote bag. Since I am practicing on my sewing machine, I thought I would give it a try. I had some leftover fabric (and I know it is quite busy, but I really like the colors and pattern) so I went to the store to find a complementary fabric for the other side of the tote. I made this yesterday and really like how it turned out. I may rework the straps because they are skinnier than I would like.

This floral fabric is my favorite at the moment. I have been trying to think of something else I can make with it.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

Oh my goodness, Mindy! {squeal} This is GORGEOUS! I love both of the patterns you chose! I'd like to place an order. :) What a fun project. I'm really SEW impressed! Keep 'em coming' girlie!

Wendy said...

I love it too! I have spent hours trying to sew and never finish with a 'wearable' product. I too would like to place and order! I think the floral print would make a great skirt.

Bethany said...

VERY cute!!!!

Susan said...

That's awesome Mindy! I especially like the floral print. Good job! I really admire you for making time for hobbies - scrapbooking, cooking, and now sewing!