Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sewing

I really want to learn to sew and I really want to be good at it. I may have mentioned this before, but my mother is a sewing genius. Anyway, I finally got out some things last night to work on. And I successfully made a purse and a skirt.




I made the purse from start to finish last night in a couple of hours. I had cut the skirt out when I was at my mom's house in May. I just got around to sewing it last night and this morning. I don't think either project turned out perfect, but I don't think anyone but me will notice.


Yeah! I'm so excited to have completed something. I believe the only other thing I've made start to finish is a pair of pajama bottoms. Maybe this will inspire or encourage me to practice some more. I want to get good enough that I can make a quilt.

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Yay for you! These are both so cute! Would you email me some bigger pictures of each one? I'd love to see closer views. I'm SO impressed and hope that one day I might pick up sewing, too. :)