Thursday, September 11, 2008

Much excitement

The weather is changing. It seems as if it changed as of September 1st. We have already had several nights where the temperature dropped below 40 degrees. The days have still been warming up to the 70s, but fall is coming quickly. I noticed while playing with Max yesterday evening that the leaves on one of our trees in the backyard has already changed to gold. It is pretty, but doesn't it seem too soon for this kind of color? I actually wore a hooded sweatshirt one evening this week while playing outside with Max.

I also thought I would show you how much of the wood Matthew cut down has been used so far. I know it's hard to tell from this picture so I will just tell you how much we've used. Ready? I think we've used 5 pieces at the most. When we tried to use it, it wouldn't burn well because it was still too green. We really haven't tried any since that time. Maybe we'll try again during this fall weather we're having.


I opened the door from the garage into the house upon arriving home from work on Tuesday and smelled the most horrible smell. Once inside, I very quickly discovered that Max had the runs in the house. This happened once before - the day the Olympics began on 8/8/08. That time Matthew got home first and discovered Max had the runs on the carpet in the basement. Poor Matthew. That must have been AWFUL to clean up which was done before I even got home from work. Thankfully, this time the incident occurred upstairs on the hard wood floor for the most part. I am telling you...that was DISGUSTING! I felt bad that he was obviously sick at some point during the day. He seemed completely normal when I got home and was ready to get outside and play. I count it a small miracle that I did not lose my lunch while cleaning that up. Whew! I hope that doesn't happen again any time soon. What's weird is that we have no idea what caused that to happen either time. I couldn't finish this post without adding a couple of pictures of Max. Isn't he a cutie? The longer we play fetch, the longer his tongue gets. Where is that thing attached? Matthew swears it is attached at his tail.

No comments: