Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Overwhelmed

This has also been an overwhelming week. Matthew and I have had a zero-based budget since attending Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey when we were first married. We reviewed our budget Monday night for really the first time since Matthew was laid off. It was eye-opening to say the least. We definitely cannot afford our current living situation on my salary alone. This wasn't necessarily surprising to find out, but it was a bit depressing and stressful.

Talk about stress. I can tell you that this pregnant woman does not need stress. I am quite emotional without even thinking about all these unknowns.

We are praying about many things right now regarding our future. We know that God has a plan for us. At this moment, we just aren't sure what that is. We trust Him but are also wary of making the wrong decisions. And we recognize that sometimes you have to step out in faith...not being sure of the right path. Our hope is that if we do that, He will make it clear that we should be moving in a different direction.

No decisions have been made as of today. And I'm not sure when any will be made. My hope is that we can feel a little more settled by the time Baby Girl arrives.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm sorry, Mindy. I can only imagine how stressful it must be to be expecting a baby at the same time you are going through such uncertainty. Big hugs for you, girl.