Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 28



Week 28 is almost over, and I'm just now writing a bit about it. This is how this week has felt. I have been busy and feeling behind with things. I am tired and so glad that tomorrow is Friday although we have a busy weekend ahead of us.

If you have known me for long, you may recognize this dress. My mother gave this to me one Christmas when I was in college. I have always really liked this dress and have been thrilled that I have been able to wear it during pregnancy. I have been wearing it with pants though because it is a bit short and since it has been cold here that works out just fine in my opinion.

I have something to confess to you all. Last Friday at work I decided that I needed a snack. Mind you, I wasn't hungry but I definitely had the munchies. I will just state right now that working at a grocery store is dangerous at times like this. Because while I could have gone into the store and purchased a piece of fruit or something else "healthy", I ended up buying a pint of ice cream and eating the ENTIRE thing! I didn't plan to eat it all, but boy was it tasty. Oops! Thankfully, that is the only time I have displayed such a moment of weakness (to this point anyway).

Saturday we finally got the last items moved out of the nursery so we could start painting. It was a cold and snowy day and we both had the blahs so we postponed painting because it just didn't sound like a fun way to spend our Saturday.

Monday the baby furniture was delivered. It is still currently in the boxes in our foyer until the room is painted and ready for furniture.

Last week Matthew purchased the paint for the room. We did our due diligence in purchasing a couple of samples of paint to make sure we picked the right color. We learned a LOT when we picked out paint for our dining room and master bedroom a couple of years ago. Well...it appears that our due diligence did not help us out much. Matthew spent yesterday painting the room which turned out to be a really bright school bus yellow. Not exactly the look we were going for. So today he started painting the room with primer so we can start over with a lighter color. How frustrating - he has already spent a lot of time and more money than we hoped to spend on the paint!

Since last Saturday, Baby Girl has been moving quite a bit more. I have actually been able to see the movement which has been amazing... and weird. I still haven't seen what I recognize as a hand or a foot yet.

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday. It was quick as most of the others have been. Baby Girl's heart rate was 135. The doctor said everything looks good. My next appointment will be in 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks.

I think that's about it!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You are so cute!! I'm sorry to hear about the paint fiasco. Paint colors are hard. We had to have our red kitchen repainted the day after the original color was put on. It was way too bright. Now it's perfect. Your second color will be perfect, too.