Tuesday, September 1, 2009

14 Weeks



Last Monday I took Canaan to Boulder to meet my co-workers since I had to be there for two meetings that day. Generally Canaan sleeps until she wakes up, but this day I had to wake her up a little before 6 am. After she had eaten, had a diaper change, and was dressed, we hit the road for a 2 hour and 15 minute drive. She did really well but was fussy probably the last hour or so of the drive. I thought she might have a wet diaper or maybe she was hungry. As soon as I parked the car and opened her door, she just looked at me and smiled. Evidently, she was just tired of being in her car seat. She gave a lot of smiles at the office. I had to leave during the first meeting (which was attended by the whole office - probably 100 people) to feed her. The second meeting was attended only by my team of 12 people. All was pretty quiet during this meeting until Canaan tooted pretty loudly. I met with my supervisor while I was there. I was holding Canaan facing away from me with one of my hands between her legs. All of a sudden urine started rolling down my arm, my pants, and onto the table, chair, and carpet in my supervisor's office. Oops! I cleaned it with all-purpose cleaner - all that I could find in the office. I was only able to stay at the office with her for half the day (an HR policy) which worked out fine for me because with the 4 plus hours of driving it was a long day anyway. Canaan did not take a good nap even with all the time in the car seat. She went to bed at 6:30 pm and didn't wake up until 7 am Tuesday.



  • I have started putting Canaan to bed in a sleep sack rather than her Swaddle Me. She is continuing to sleep through the night. She generally goes to bed around 8:45 pm and will wake up sometime between 6 and 7 am. She likes to sleep with her hands up by her head. I need to get a picture, but I don't want to wake her up once she's down for the night. (Incidentally, I thought I would inform you that "the experts" define sleeping through the night as sleeping from midnight to 5 am.)
  • I LOVE how she wrinkles her forehead and her eyes get big when you're talking to her.
  • Sometimes when Canaan is crying, she snorts.
  • She has learned to anticipate when Matthew is going to move toward her face making little kissing noises. She will close or squint her eyes and sometimes wrinkle her nose.
  • Her eyes are still blue.
  • I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog before, but Canaan was born with an umbilical hernia. We were told it should heal on its own by the time she is 3 years old. I think it is actually already healed or close to being healed. We are so thankful! It looked quite painful.
  • She still generally enjoys being on her changing table.
  • She had a good weekend with Grandma and Grandpa and is already looking forward to their next visit.





No comments: