Thursday, September 3, 2009

She laughed!!

We heard Canaan's first laugh last night.

After bath time, she was on her changing table while I rubbed her down with lotion. She was only wearing a diaper and I gave her a zerbert on her belly. I have done this before and made her cry...I guess she was too young to appreciate it.

After I gave her the zerbert, she made a fun noise. So I called Matthew in and told I thought I was making her laugh. The next time I did it, she really laughed. It was PRECIOUS!

Matthew went to get the video camera, but of course, the battery was dead. That's what happens when you haven't charged it since before Canaan was born.

We have both been looking forward to hearing her laugh. I am sure there will be many firsts that one of us will miss. I am so thankful that we were both there to hear the first one.

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

How fun! Glad you were both there for this fun first, but sorry we missed it via video. :(

The Moon Five said...

How exciting! I can still remember the first time each one of mine girls laughed. It is so special. Can't wait to hear it on video.