Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kooza

My parents came into town over the weekend and babysat while Matthew and I went to see our 6th Cirque du Soleil show. We were away from home almost 9 hours. We had a nice date with the show and then dinner at a restaurant we have talked about trying since we moved to Colorado. I worried more than I should have about leaving Canaan for so long…not because I was worried about her care but because I didn’t want the grandparents to have to deal with a fussy baby for 8 or 9 hours. Thankfully, she was only fussy toward the end of the evening.

Neither of us really understood the story of Kooza. The others we’ve seen definitely have been more cohesive with the story being evident. I looked at the website today to find out what the show was about. I definitely didn’t get this from watching. Allegria is the best show we’ve seen. It was also the first show we saw. I’m not sure if that is why it was the best or not. We still really enjoyed the show. The performers can definitely do some incredible (and sometimes gross) things with their bodies. We have a lot of questions about these shows…how much do the performers train, what does the chef prepare for meals, what kind of insurance do they have, what happens when they can no longer perform, how often do they sustain injuries, etc?

This is a better photo of my new hair cut. I think Matthew likes it even though he thought I should keep my hair long. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I have been losing hair like crazy. Matthew thought I should go to the doctor. But I started reading online, and found that around 3 months after giving birth, you lose a lot of hair. Apparently the hormones during pregnancy cause you to lose less hair than normal. After giving birth, you lose all the hair you didn’t lose during pregnancy. I thought about taking a picture, but it was pretty disgusting.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I seem to experience the extreme hair loss about every 4 month since Taylor was born. Guess my body never readjusted after the pregnancy hormones. It does get better! By the way... love your new haircut!

Kristen said...

Your hair is so cute! You look beautiful! And you got some great pictures of Canaan smiling!