Friday, January 18, 2008

Missing my shadow

Max is on vacation…at least, that’s what I told him. He is staying with M’s aunt and uncle who live close by for the weekend. They have four German shepherds, one of which is still a bit of a puppy. We dropped him off last night. It was the first night we have been away from him. Our house felt quiet and empty without Max there, especially since he normally follows me around everywhere.

So I told Max he was going on vacation (somehow vacation sounds better than "we're leaving you for a weekend, but we'll be back"). He really likes other dogs and people…we’ve found that he pretty much likes everything and everyone, especially when he is getting attention. I think he’ll have a great time as long as all the dogs warm up to him. M’s aunt sent us an email this morning to let us know he has been playing and having a good time so far. He has been chasing their puppy and both are enjoying the chasing. We’ll miss him, but I am glad he is staying with family who love him and will pay plenty of attention to him.

I hope he’ll want to come back home to us after having so much fun this weekend!

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

I can definitely empathize. The first separation is the hardest, and of course, like you said, it helps knowing he's with loving family, but it doesn't fill the void. I hope you have a wonderful trip; we're praying for you. :)