Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Whirlwind Trip

I feel like I had a whirlwind trip last weekend. We flew to Chicago on Friday (with a confusing layover in Minneapolis, MN). Saturday we drove 5 hours down to St Louis. I was able to spend Saturday evening and Sunday with M's family - his mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, brother-in-law's sister, aunt, nephew, and niece. I left early (6:30 am CST) Monday morning for the airport. After retrieving Max, I got home around 11 pm (MST). It was a long day.



Saturday, our nephew had a 24 bug which almost everyone has gotten by now (all but M's mom, dad, and me). We are all praying that M's mom will not get this bug since she is undergoing chemo and will have a weakened immune system. She was in very good spirits when I saw her over the weekend. And she is no longer in the hospital. She is staying in an apartment (owned by M's brother-in-law's family) that is just a couple of blocks from the hospital where she has some sort of treatment 4 days each week. M is supposed to go with her to the doctor tomorrow. He is really looking forward to meeting her doctor so please pray that he will be back to 100% so he can go...and so he can spend time with his mom. He had to stay away from her today since he was sick.



Here's a picture of Max over the weekend. Isn't he a cutie? How did she get him to stay so still for this picture?? He stayed with M's aunt and uncle that live about an hour away. It was so nice to not worry about him while we were away. I think he was a little depressed to come home - back to being the only dog around. He apparently had a good time chasing all the German shepherds. They were busy playing and running all day, and he was exhausted when I picked him up on Monday. I think he is ready for M to get home, too.

No comments: