Monday, August 11, 2008

The Maxster

Max is still as fun as ever so I owe you an update about him. What's new with Max?

  • He's still as crazy as ever about fetching/retrieving. I don't understand how a dog can be bread to retrieve, but I guarantee you that he is a great retriever.

  • We have one racketball that Max plays with. It is the only thing so far that he has chewed on and not destroyed. He likes to chew on it I think because of the way it feels in his mouth and the squeaky sound it makes. He puts it on the side of his mouth to chew and without fail it pops out. EVERY time that happens, I giggle. It is the funniest noise.

  • If we are not throwing the tennis ball, Max will chew on it. You can see below that he is quite talented in his chewing. The green fuzz layer of the ball is still one piece, but the insides of the ball are missing. (Please ignore all the dog hair on the ball, I know it looks gross but it is everywhere.)

  • Max did something new while playing in the pond on Saturday. While waiting for Matthew to throw the ball, he would run in the water and stand there waiting for the ball. He really enjoyed the water this weekend and didn't want to get out.

  • We've been giving Max adult dog food for about the past month. We haven't had to add water to this food for him to eat it...maybe because it's something different. I have been adding a can of no salt added green beans to his dinner every once in a while. It gives him a little more food without additional calories. He gobbles it up every time!

  • He's also been a better eater since getting neutered. I'm not sure if the two are related, but it's nice either way.

  • Max was sick on Friday. Matthew got home from work and found that Max had puked on our bed and had the runs in the basement. Poor Matthew had to clean it up with no help from me (I had to work out of town and got home late). Matthew said it looked like Max had eaten a dryer sheet. That's all we could figure made him sick. He seemed fine when I got home. And after Friday night he was fine thank goodness.

  • Even though he's over80 pounds, Max is 100% a lap dog. He is quite the cuddler when he's tired or no one's playing with him. While watching the Olympics Saturday night, he climbed in my lap and went to sleep. He's a very sweet boy (even when all 80 pounds is sitting on me).

  • In case it isn't obvious to you, Max has to be one of the cutest and most fun dogs ever. What did we do before he was a part of our family?

No comments: