Monday, August 11, 2008

No more excuses

I have no more excuses for avoiding a regular workout (I didn't really have any good ones before, and I'm very good at making up excuses). We had the opportunity through a guy at Matthew's work to purchase this equipment back in February for a very good price. It is in good condition and appears that it was not used much by the previous owner. Three guys from Matthew's office helped him disassemble the equipment, carry it upstairs from someone's basement, haul it over to our house, and move it into our garage where it sat for several months. At the beginning of July, I finally decided where I wanted it to be set up and Matthew and a friend moved it into our basement. Carrying anything that heavy and awkward shaped is quite an ordeal, but they did it without creating any holes in the walls or flooring. I call that a successful venture. Yesterday, Matthew finally put it together for me which also proved to be a lot of frustrating work.

After all that time and work, it is now ready to be used. In fact, we both used it this evening. My hope is that I will begin to work out more regularly and maybe even be disciplined enough to do this before work each day. I have the hardest time getting out of bed in the morning, but I know it would give me a great start to the day to get my exercise in first thing. Something about starting the day out that way helps me to make better food choices during the day. I know that it's completely mental, but that is just the way it is with me. We'll see how it goes. Isn't it nice?


This weekend we also finally painted the frame that Matthew made for the basement. We hung it yesterday, but while Matthew was putting the exercise equipment together it fell off the wall and came apart. Hopefully, he'll fix it this weekend and we'll have it back up on the wall. He isn't thrilled with this style of letters, but I think this looks very nice.

No comments: