Monday, August 11, 2008

Trip to St. Louis

A couple of weekends ago we went to St. Louis to visit Matthew's family and attend the nephew's 3rd birthday party. We arrived Friday afternoon and Matthew's sister picked us up from the airport and took us to her house where everyone was waiting. We stayed there for about an hour visiting and playing with the nephew and niece (who turned 9 months old while we were there). We then went to the condo where Matthew's parents are living while in St. Louis. Everytime we approach the condo, I have the theme of the Jefferson's in my head. Before I realize it, I am humming or singing the song ("movin' on up...)...I don't even know all the words but the music still plays in my mind. I've never known anyone before who lived in a high-rise.


The nephew ended up getting sick Friday night so we didn't make it to the birthday party or even get to see that part of the family the rest of the time we were in town. We can't risk bringing germs into Carolyn's world. Carolyn rested the whole weekend getting her body ready for her chemo treatment the next week so we had a very low-key weekend. I had hoped we would make it to a Cardinals game (I love to watch baseball and any opportunity to visit a new stadium), but that didn't work out. I hope to do that sometime while my sister-in-law lives in St. Louis.

It was really nice to see everyone...and to appreciate how great the dry Colorado weather is during the heat of the summer. Please continue to pray for Carolyn. Obviously, the poison used to fight the cancer is hard on the rest of the body.

No comments: