Wednesday, August 20, 2008

There's a new saint in town.


As of Monday, we are now only 9.6 miles away from the closest hospital. This hospital will be a trauma center unlike the hospital we visited with the chainsaw injury. Who knew that all hospitals are not ready to handle trauma situations? I sure didn't, and I still don't understand that either. Oh well. I am thankful that Penrose St. Francis is now open very close to home. I hope we never have to make a trip there but am glad to know it is so close to the house. Isn't it pretty with the mountain backdrop?
When we started building our house in August 2006, this hospital had only barely begun. There was a huge cement stairwell and that is all that was on the land. And this week it opened. It's amazing to me that something so intricate and big can be built so quickly. Matthew and I both drive by this hospital on the way to work each day.

1 comment:

WAMM said...

This is a truly happy event, since living with Crazy Ninja is bound to require frequent hospital visits over the years. ha!