Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Matthew's Birthday

I am really late in posting this.

Another birthday has come and gone for Matthew. Birthdays are a big deal to me so I always try to make Matthew's birthday a big deal. This year was just not a good birthday. It was a hard birthday. We had dinner at Carrabbas and even got in an argument at dinner.

So I tried to have a do-over on Saturday. I got out of bed and made blueberry pancakes, sausage, and eggs for breakfast. Matthew was planning to have a relaxing and fun day. Soon afterward, there was a knock at the door. Matthew had offered a couple of weeks prior to help a neighbor poor concrete at his house. He sent his son over that Saturday morning to let Matthew know the concrete truck was currently in front of his house. So Matthew got dressed and spent the next 4 1/2 hours helping our neighbor pour concrete.


This is the first year I didn't make Matthew a cake on his birthday. Time just got away from me during the week. Rather than making the cake on Thursday, I made it on Saturday to take to our first small group meeting. This cake turned out the best of the 5 I think I have made (it was moist and fluffy), but it looked terrible. The 3 layers were not all the same shape and leaned a bit once they were stacked and iced. Oh well. It tasted good!

No comments: