Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ouch!

I was approaching last weekend with a long list of things I wanted to get done – both housework and fun stuff. Friday night my team had a year end celebration of snacks and drinks in Boulder. By the time I got home, it was around 8 pm. And I was tired. So I didn’t do anything that night.

Saturday morning I woke up with a headache. I actually woke up around 1 am with it but assumed it would go away after I went back to sleep. I took drugs during the day, but nothing helped. I stayed in bed for part of the day, but realized the show must go on and that I didn’t want to be in bed all day Saturday. We had plans to have a couple from church over for dinner so I sucked it up and hoped it would go away since my mind would be somewhere else. No such luck. An emergency came up with some friends of ours so we ended up keeping their golden retriever overnight. I don’t think any of us slept well. There were new noises and poor Trigger probably had no idea why he was at our house. Max is seriously the sweetest dog ever. He really wanted to play the whole time Trigger was there, but Trigger is more of a people dog than a dog-dog. He was not really interested in playing with Max. Trigger would lay down to chew on one of Max’s bones and Max would run around in circles and stand over Trigger in hopes he would get up to play. As sweet as he is, we also saw evidence of a bit of annoying behavior from Max. Any time Trigger would go outside, Max would be at his side. He couldn’t even go to the bathroom without Max being almost on top of him. It was funny to us but not to Trigger.

Sunday morning I woke up again with the headache. A large part of me wanted to stay home in bed in hopes it would go away since I didn’t sleep especially well Saturday night. This was the celebration of the reformation at our church though which is celebrated with bag pipes. That was not the only reason I wanted to be there, but it only comes around one time of year and I did not want to miss it. So I went to church. After a quick lunch, I decided to take a nap. I felt fine when I woke up, but as soon as I sat up I realized I still had my headache. I went to bed early in hopes again of getting a good night’s sleep to make it go away.

Alas, I woke up Monday morning with the headache. This is my busy week at work so I couldn’t just stay home. But the longer I had to look at my computer screen, the worse I felt. So I went home around noon and stayed in bed until Matthew got home. I didn’t necessarily sleep that whole time, but the only way to keep my head from hurting was to put pressure on it by laying on it. I went to bed early again last night, and I think I have finally kicked the headache. It wasn’t a migraine, and I’ve definitely had worse headaches, but it was enough to make me feel sick to my stomach and medicine was not helping.

Yuck! SO…as I survey my list of things I hoped to accomplish this weekend, I didn’t get a single thing done. Here’s hoping this next weekend will be more productive!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I hope your headache goes away and stays away!!! Feel better soon.