Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 33

We have almost completed all our classes. The only one we have left is a CPR class this weekend. We are both going to be so happy to have our evenings back. It has been exhausting to work all day, go to class for 2 1/2 hours, and then come home to go to bed. Aren't I supposed to be storing up sleep right now? I would say the classes were well worth our time, but Matthew was definitely worn out by the end of them.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. These have been very routine and not much exciting happens at them. We do get to hear the baby's heart beat each time (137 beats per minute today) which is always fun and reassuring. Other than that, I ask questions and the doctor measures my stomach and all. He is pretty sure that Baby Girl is head down now. I hope she will stay that way. My blood pressure was 92 over 60. I think I've gained about 30 pounds so far (or maybe a little bit more).



Not much has changed in the last couple of weeks. I'm still really nervous about giving birth. I try not to think about it much (which is hard because my due date is approaching ever so quickly). When I do think about it, I pray a lot and try to remember that whatever labor is like, it will eventually be over and I will then have a beautiful little person as a result. That has got to be one INCREDIBLE reward!



I mentioned that Baby Girl is moving around quite a bit. What I failed to mention (I think) is how shocking it is for her to kick (or do whatever it is that she does to) my bladder. Wow! When that happens, I have to go to the bathroom right away. And sometimes it is rather alarming to wonder if I'm going to make it there in time. For the record, I have always made it in time. But I guess one day that could change.

My memory is definitely fading. I used to remember all kinds of things, and in recent years that has changed. However, now if I think of something I need to do or something to add to the grocery list, if I don't write it down right away there is a good chance that it won't get done or be purchased. I will remember it later, but I can't count on remembering it when it would do me any good.

I've heard other women say that they have weird dreams during pregnancy. I have ALWAYS had weird dreams so I'm not sure that anything has changed for me. I did recently have a dream about Baby Girl. I haven't had many dreams about her. I dreamt that I was feeding her at some point within the first week of her birth. Afterwards, I set her down and all of a sudden she was a toddler. She looked just like Matthew's sister and had both nostrils of her nose pierced. Matthew was also holding a baby boy that someone had given us. In my dream, being given a baby was apparently normal and no big deal.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

You are glowing!! LOL @ your dream with the pierced-nose toddler and the hand-me-down baby. Hahaha!

The Moon Five said...

You look great! I am LOL at your dream. That's so funny.

Valerie said...

You look great, Mindy! Isn't it crazy to think how much our lives are about to change . . . only a few weeks to go. Your dream is too funny!