Wednesday, April 15, 2009

White Easter

We had a nice, low-key weekend. We attended the Good Friday service at our church. A couple that Matthew used to work with went with us and even took us to dinner.

Then Sunday's service was a beautiful celebration that Christ is risen. I did not plan anything special for lunch or supper or even think about having people over for either. I would like to blame it on pregnancy brain or being tired, but really I'm not sure I would have thought about it anyway. I hope next year we can spend Easter celebrating with friends or family.



We had a white Easter this year. We had a white Easter last year as well. I cannot recall the other Easters we have been here, but 2 out of 4 is quite a few. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the snow as we left church Sunday morning. We had the biggest snow flakes I have ever seen. They were the size of golf balls (I'm not even kidding here) and were as wet as could be. As soon as they landed on you, it was like someone had spilled water on you. My hair was almost completely soaked by the time I walked from the sanctuary to the car. It was really pretty and didn't stay around for long. By mid-Monday, there was not a sign that it had snowed the day before.

No comments: