Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week 31




Here are some recent highlights.

~My mom and dad came into town last Thursday about half an hour before the "Blizzard of 2009" began. We didn't get nearly as much snow as the weather folks were predicting, but the conditions were not nice for driving and getting out for about a day. The wind was blowing like mad and made visibility less than ideal. I have no idea how much snow we actually got, but we did have a drift in our backyard that was about 5 or 6 feet tall. Other than that drift, the snow is pretty much gone. However, we're supposed to get snow a couple of days this week. (Side note - while my parents were here, they supposedly got 13 inches or so of snow at their place. That's definitely more than we had here.)

~While my mom and dad were here...Matthew finished painting the nursery. My mom bought our travel system for us (car seat/carrier/stroller) which Matthew and I put together Tuesday night. She also purchased some fabric to make a Roman shade for the nursery and a couple of blankets. While we were shopping, Matthew and my dad put together the crib. They opened the box to put together the dresser, and after seeing all the parts, Matthew decided he was done with that for the day. Mom and I went through the boxes of clothes we have received and organized clothes by size. We have a lot of clothes for 0 to 3 months which we will definitely get to enjoy right away. My dad asked why we wanted to have a baby since we have Max. I believe he thinks we spoil are dog. Who would have thought?





~Matthew and I had our second prepared childbirth class. We learned about breathing techniques as well as standard happenings during labor and interventions that could become necessary. While there was less than last week, I am thankful for the comic relief provided by my husband and the couples around us.

~Matthew put the dresser together on Monday and carried the glider and footstool into the nursery from the basement. It doesn't match the other furniture, but I have had it since I was living in my own apartment in Dallas. I know it will come in so handy in the nursery.





Questions for those of you with babies...
~What did you pack in your hospital bag?
~What kind of clothes and comfort items did you take to the hospital?
~How long were you in the hospital?
~Did you wonder if you were going to be capable of going through labor? I have concerns about my own strength and stamina.
~Did you take anything special/creative to the hospital to get your baby's footprints stamped on?

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

Yay! You have been so blessed with tons of clothes! They're all so cute. Love your furniture and yellow walls - so pretty! How sweet of your parents to get the stroller combo for y'all. :) I can't wait to see the Roman shade. Maybe she can do ours next?? :) {Love your pictures with your parents, too. So sweet!}

Andy said...

we took a DVD player, and the lap top. It is exciting...you're going to love being a mom.