Monday, August 10, 2009

11 weeks





Canaan got to meet one of my closest friends over the weekend. We had a great time with Kristen here. She said it was nice to spend a weekend where it was about 20 degrees cooler than at home. Isn't that nuts? It was so great to spend time with Kristen and to have a close girlfriend to talk with. I really miss her.

What's new with Canaan?

  • Canaan has got to be one of the slowest eaters. Last Sunday I was in the nursing room feeding Canaan. I was in there about 45 minutes. A girl from my Sunday school class came in to nurse her baby who is around 8 months old. She was in there a maximum of 15 minutes.
  • One day last week while I was at work, Matthew called me. He held the phone to Canaan's ears so I could talk to her. He said she smiled. She talked to me a little bit. It made me want to go home immediately to see her.
  • As far as I know, she sucked her thumb for the first time. I have seen her trying to get her fist into her mouth several times. I know that I took a picture of her sucking her thumb, but now I don’t have it. I’m not sure how it got deleted, but I was really disappointed to find that I no longer have the picture. It was the cutest thing!
  • Matthew is working on getting Canaan on more of a schedule during the day. It is next to impossible to get anything done during the day when you’re in charge of Canaan, especially when she doesn't take a good nap. He has got her taking better naps which allows him to get some work done.
  • While reading books in the past week, Canaan seems to be interested in looking at the pages. I’m not sure if that’s what she’s doing, but it sure seems that way.
  • She's been doing this for a while, but I think it is so cute how Canaan will wrinkle her forehead when you're talking to her or she's looking around.
  • When you have her laying down, it seems like she tries to use her abdominal muscles to sit up. Obviously, those muscles are not strong enough at this point to accomplish her goal.
  • It was so cute to watch Canaan try to copy what Kristen was doing with her mouth as she made some clicking noises to entertain Canaan. She was looking quite intently at Kristen's mouth and moving her tongue around. She's a smart girl!

  • 1 comment:

    Bellawhoop said...

    Can I be jealous of Kristen?! Canaan is so precious. I can't wait to meet her in person!