Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Neighborhood Kids

This evening I walked over to a neighbor's house to give her some coupons I had received in the mail for the formula she uses. I was crossing the cul-de-sac when a young girl said something like, "Ooh, a baby. Do you live around here?" I told her I did and pointed to my house. She then replied, "Oh, I remember. You have Max." So she didn't remember me, but she remembered that I belonged to Max. If Max is outside when this girl walks by our fence, she will call him over and pet him through the fence.

I also have a quick story about a little boy that lives across the cul-de-sac. His father was deployed to Iraq for about a year. While he was gone, Matthew threw a football for him one day. Ever since then, he will come ring our doorbell every once in a while to ask if Matthew will come out to play with him. It is the cutest thing, but Matthew feels a little weird about it now that his dad is home.

No comments: