Monday, August 10, 2009

Numbers


200,000 - the number of miles my car passed last week

1996 - the year of my green Saturn SL2

10 ½ - the number of years I have had the green planet (affectionately named by a dear friend)

36 - the number of miles per gallon I can still get on the highway

32 - the number of miles per gallon I can still get in the city

Who would have thought I would still have the car I purchased during my last year of college? I had no idea I would still have it 10 years later. It is disappointing the Saturn division of GM is closing. I'm not sure Matthew would be interested in buying a Saturn, but I would definitely consider it after my experience with this car.

It has been my goal to keep this car until it reached 200,000 miles. I made it!! Now is not a good time for us to purchase a car since we are currently down to one income so I hope it will keep going for a while.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow, I can't believe you made it to 200K!! That is amazing!

Bellawhoop said...

Yay for the Saturn! What a blessing to have a dependable car. I think it's been partially due to its owner with her delicate treatment and religious maintenance!