Sunday, August 16, 2009

12 Weeks


I got to introduce another friend to Canaan this week. One of my college roommates was in town part of this week for her sister's wedding. I hadn't seen Kimberly in ten years. I can't believe it's been that long! She has three girls of her own that I had not met before. They were so cute and the sweetest girls. The oldest is seven and the youngest is four. I cannot imagine having three so close together. I, of course, waited until the end of the evening to bring out my camera so I only got a picture with Kimberly. I wish I had gotten one of her whole family. I went to Kimberly's hotel Thursday after work. Canaan did not get her afternoon nap that day so she was pretty fussy that evening. Once I got to the hotel room, Canaan started crying and didn't stop until we left the hotel room. Kimberly's husband told us later that night that when we left the hotel room, their 7 year old said, "I'm glad they left. I thought that baby was going to be sweet!" She apparently did not appreciate the crying. Isn't that cute?


More about Canaan...
  • She is starting to suck her thumb more and is getting better at finding it. She still has issues keeping it in her mouth sometimes.
  • A couple of friends have noticed two places on her bottom gum where it looks like she'll have some teeth. She is starting to slobber more. Surely she is not teething yet (I hope).
  • Matthew likes to call Canaan stretch. She is a champion stretcher.
  • When she coughs, she sticks her tongue out which is pretty cute.
  • She is still sleeping well and sleeping through the night. This has been wonderful since I've gone back to work.
  • She has had a couple of blow outs recently. We have found the Pampers Swaddlers to be really great diapers. We just started using a package of Luvs recently. They just do not work well with Canaan. I think we'll finish the package this week and be able to go back to the Pampers.
  • Andy and Amy brought Canaan this really cute camo pillowcase dress when they stopped by a couple of weeks ago. I finally got a picture of her wearing it. It is really cute! Thank you Amy!
  • It is pretty difficult to get a picture of Canaan smiling. I can get her to smile, but once the camera is in front of my face she gets a serious or puzzled look on her face. I'm just not quick enough.

Matthew is doing really well staying home with Canaan while I'm at work. He has gotten Canaan on a good schedule during the day with feedings and naps. Being at work hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, but I discovered something this week I wasn't expecting. I don't like that Matthew knows more about Canaan's schedule than I do. It makes sense that he would since he is at home with her, but it is hard nonetheless. On the other hand, it is nice that he is so involved in her day-to-day care. For that, I am thankful.












1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

I can't get over how precious she is! I want to hold her! I need to get down there! I think I spied some Max hair on the photos. :) Is he doing well with Canaan? I'm glad M is staying home with her too, but I can completely understand your jealousy.