Saturday, October 10, 2009

19 Weeks



I am behind a week, but I will post this anyway so I'll have the record for my scrapbook (in case I ever get around to starting and working on that). Here are my favorite pictures from the week...cute sleepy Canaan, Canaan and her friend S both wearing giraffes, some of the family, Canaan and Daddy, and Canaan and me because I thought we matched a bit (and I just like pictures of Canaan and me...and this is my blog!).

We spent Saturday with Matthew's aunt, uncle, 2 cousins, and their 3 children a couple of hours from home. We had a great time visiting, eating, seeing the new house, and watching the kiddos play (some of the adults also played on the tandem bicycle). It has been fun to get to know this part of Matthew's family since we moved out to Colorado.

  • I was able to reintroduce wheat to my diet this week. I could finally eat bread as long as it didn't have egg or dairy in it. Thankfully, Whole Foods has a lot of bread without egg or dairy so I was able to find some easily. While I have really enjoyed eating bread, I have to say it wasn't as great as I was expecting it to be. We're pretty sure Canaan is fine with my wheat eating as she hasn't had any kind of reaction to it. I hope the results will be the same as I add other items later on. When she is 5 months old, I will get to try nuts. I hope that goes well. Just think...a yummy peanut butter sandwich. Yum!

  • Canaan is starting to get distracted while she's nursing. If she hears something in another room, she'll look up at me and smile. Or if someone is in the same room as us and starts talking, she will turn her head to see that person. It's pretty cute but also frustrating when I just want her to eat. When we were visiting the family last Saturday, she heard the other kiddos laughing in another room while I was nursing her. She stopped eating, looked up at me, and had the CUTEST smile on her face. It was really sweet!

  • She is starting to talk more. Some days she is so quiet and other days she has a lot to say. We enjoy listening to her many noises and all her inflection.







  • 1 comment:

    Stefanie said...

    Canaan has the best expressions. Hope you made it home okay last night!