Wednesday, October 14, 2009

20 Weeks



Grandma and Grandpa were here for the week since Matthew had surgery. They were very helpful. My mom practically cleaned the house and prepared breakfast and dinner each day. Matthew sent them home on Monday because he was able to take care of Canaan. He found out today at his first physical therapy appointment that he is not supposed to even be lifting a gallon of milk with his left shoulder. Oops!









  • We left Canaan with G & G Saturday night while we went to a Sunday School dinner. I told Canaan not to do anything new while we were gone. According to the grandparents, she rolled from her tummy to her back a couple of times. I still haven't seen it.

  • Early in the week, Canaan had a runny nose and did not sleep well. We put a humidifier in her room and a book under the head of her mattress. One or both of those did the trick. I'm not certain that she didn't feel well. Even though she didn't sleep or eat much, she wasn't terribly fussy. We now think she may be starting to teethe.

  • She has started squealing when she talks.


  • We got ready for church on Sunday morning and left the house with the temperature around 17 degrees. We made it maybe a fourth or fifth of the way to church before I decided to turn around and go home. The roads were really slick, and I just felt uncomfortable continuing on, especially after I thought about a few hills we would have to go down. I had to get a picture of Canaan all bundled up though.

    3 comments:

    Wendy said...

    She is so cute and it's too bad you don't live closer or we could get a picture of the girls in their matching outfits. I love the duck towel picture!

    Stefanie said...

    Towel pictures are my favorite. Poor Samuel will hate me one day when he sees how many naked pictures he has. HA! She's changing so fast.

    Bellawhoop said...

    Too cute! I love her all swaddled in that towel! And I think that's the happiest I've ever seen your parents look! :) They're such sweeties for coming to help out.