Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Matthew!

Here are some of my favorite recent pictures of Matthew with Canaan.









And here are 35 things I love/appreciate about Matthew today.

1|he can make me laugh even when I don't want to 2|he has a big vocabulary and I often have to ask him what he's saying 3|he loves and cares about people 4|he has secret rules that I can't figure out 5|he wants to have an adventurous life 6|he is passionate about his relationship with God 7|he wants to celebrate special occasions 8|he tries to encourage me to do things that are good for me 9|he is a good dad 10|he lets me go get Canaan out of bed even though he wants to do the same thing 11|he can make Canaan laugh/smile sooner than anyone else 12|he wants to be working but appreciates the time he gets to spend with Canaan 13|he is willing to work anywhere or nowhere so Canaan can be at home 14|he is FINALLY coming around to the idea that playing hard may not be a good idea 15|he believes it is important to be at church each week and to be involved with our Sunday School class 16|he recently told me he's ready for some yummy Mindy cooking (as I've somehow taken a hiatus from cooking) 17|he continues to request a red velvet cake for his birthday despite the fact that they don't often turn out right 18|he continues to challenge me even when I don't respond well 19|he recovers from injury/surgery pretty quickly 20|he can laugh at himself 21|he is ALWAYS the one we wait on while playing board games 22|he supports my goals/dreams 23|he's willing to help those in need 24|kids are generally drawn to him 25|he thinks about/plans for the future 26|his laugh is LOUD and infectious 27|while he doesn't like to be wrong, he can admit when he is 28|he is a good friend 29|he is very generous 30|he makes me want to know the Bible better and to be more obedient 31|he made it a priority to get us out of debt 32|he loves to have people over 33|he is really good and helpful at cleaning the house 34|he will kill any spider I find without me asking 35|he's a hard worker

Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

SonbyGrace said...

You are far sweeter than I derserve wife. I love you.

Bellawhoop said...

Awww. He is a very sweet guy and I love those things about him, too! Coming up with a certain number of things you love about someone is sometimes a difficult task, but it doesn't look like it was that difficult for you. Happy 35th birthday to you, M-Dawg! Love you both.