Thursday, October 8, 2009

One down and one to go

After looking at my blog recently, Matthew mentioned that he does not have his own tag/label for my posts. After unsuccessfully telling him that all the posts are really about him, I told him the "ER Visit" tag is really like a Matthew tag. He didn't appreciate that much.


After I found out I was pregnant with Canaan last year, I told Matthew that he could not have any ER visits because it was my turn to be in the hospital in 2009. Well, he hasn't had any ER visits, but he will have two surgeries before the year is up. Next time, I guess I should be more specific. This will be the first time we have reached the maximum out of pocket for our insurance (at least I expect that to be the case). I hope several years can go by before that happens again.


Matthew had surgery on his left shoulder Tuesday afternoon. It has been hurt since the beginning of the year and was continuing to feel worse. Neither of us was looking forward to the surgery, although it's safe to say that Matthew has been looking forward to it less than I have. He is doing remarkably well for someone who had surgery two days ago. He didn't even take any pain medication today. My parents came into town to help out with Canaan so I didn't have to take a lot of time off work. Boy, are they helpful!


Next up, Matthew has to have surgery on his left knee to repair a torn ACL. Surgery will be scheduled once his shoulder is healed so that he can use crutches. Doesn't that sound like fun?

No comments: