Saturday, February 9, 2008

2007 in Review

2007 turned out to be a pretty big and eventful year for us.
  • We moved into our first house in January. It is hard to believe we have been here over a year now. I am embarrassed to say we still don't have anything hanging on the walls yet. I just haven't wanted to put holes in our hole-free walls yet. That must happen soon.

  • In October, we got our first pet (other than the fish we had when we lived in Austin). I can't believe I lived most of my life without a dog. Max has been a lot of work at times, but he is so sweet and fun.

  • The last day of the year, we bought a car. This is my very first brand new car. It had only 16 miles when M drove it off the lot. We figured we needed some sort of 4 wheel drive vehicle so that we can drive into the mountains with less trouble than before. Our cars have lasted longer than anyone probably thought possible. We have been so blessed to have been without a car payment for most of our marriage. M has been driving a 1998 Honda Accord he bought while in college. It has around 195,000 miles on it and is still going pretty strong. I drive a 1996 Saturn SL2 (the green planet) that I got my last year of college. It has a little over 185,000 miles on it. It gets the best gas mileage. When I was driving 45 miles to work each day on the highway, I could get between 36 and 40 miles per gallon. The dealership did not want either of our cars so we are going to try to fix M's car up just a bit and sell it. We expect that we could get something out of his and almost nothing out of mine. I hope that works out. Isn't the new car pretty?

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

So pretty! Love the silver. :D I guess we'll actually get to see it, but most importantly you & M and get to meet Max soon! Can't wait until the end of May...I'm sure the time will fly by.